Are you a first-generation immigrant, looking for a scholarship to study in the United States?
Are you constructively driven by knowledge and hold a passion for learning?
Do you someday wish to contribute your insightful skill-set to solve some real world problems?
If yes, then we have a scholarship program, which you wouldn’t want to miss.
SelfLawyer First Generation Immigrant Scholarship
$1,000 each for two college students
The ‘SelfLawyer First Generation Immigrant Scholarship’ is designed for the first-generation immigrant college and university students, in the U.S.
It will include those students who are among the first in their family to have immigrated to the United States, or have at least one parent who immigrated to the United States.
SelfLawyer will provide a scholarship amount of $1000 each, to two such students for one academic year.
The fund provided shall be a ‘one-time scholarship’.
Both of these qualified applicants shall receive a scholarship amount of $1000 each, which could be utilized to cover expenses for college textbooks, outstanding tuition balances, living expenses and/or other costs related to their education.
The SelfLawyer First Generation Immigrant Scholars shall be selected based on certain requirements listed below.
- Applicants must be first-generation immigrants.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a student at an accredited U.S. college or university, for any school and program.
You can apply for the SelfLawyer First Generation Immigrant Scholarship by filling this online application form, until December 31, 2022. We shall declare the results on February 1, 2023.
The two selected awardees will receive the respective scholarship amounts on February 15, 2023, deposited directly to their bank accounts.
How to Apply
The applicants must follow these steps to apply for the scholarship program:
- Fill the online application form.
- Submit an online essay, titled “My Immigration Story” of 500 words, providing a detailed description of your/ your parent(s)’ immigration to the U.S. It should comprise of the details related to:
- your travel,
- your home country,
- the type of immigration (family based or asylum/refugee), and
- the challenges you experience as a new immigrant.
Click here to submit your Application Form.
For more questions, please contact:
Ph.: (888) 922-6632
42 Broadway, Suite 12-437
New York, NY 10004