Get started with
Marriage green card package

If foreign relative lives in the U.S.

If foreign relative lives abroad

Form I-130, Petition For Alien Relative

Establish sponsor’s relationship to a foreign relative

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Establish sponsor’s relationship to a foreign relative

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Foreign relative’s application for permanent residency in the U.S.

DS-260, Immigrant Visa Electronic Application

Gathering information and documents of a foreign relative and transferring their immigrant application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

This form is used to show that sponsor’s income meet the minimum requirements

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

This form is used to show that sponsor’s income meet the minimum requirements

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Foreign relative’s application for a work permit and Social Security Number

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Receive a travel document (“Advance Parole”) that allows foreign spouse to travel abroad while their marriage green card application is being processed.

Government fees to be paid:

$1,760 total (can be paid by credit card)

$980 total

*Cost of the medical exam is not included (cost varies, about $200 per applicant).

Frequently Asked Questions

Marriage green card

Marriage certificate
Proof of sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (U.S. birth certificate, unexpired passport, naturalization certificate, or green card)
Sponsor’s tax returns and W-2s
Foreign spouse’s passport and birth certificate
Proof of marriage (joint bank account statements, notarized witness affidavits, personal photographs, etc.).

Our licensed immigration attorney will prepare and file your application and officially represent you & your spouse before USCIS.

Yes. Approximately 4-7 weeks after we submit your application to USCIS, your foreign spouse will be issued an acknowledgement notice that authorizes your spouse to stay in the U.S. while their Adjustment of Status application is being processed. Once your application is registered by USCIS, you will receive an email or text message with receipt numbers. You can track the status of your application online after a receipt number is issued:

If the sponsor is a U.S. citizen and foreign spouse entered the U.S. on a visa but overstayed, you can still apply for a marriage green card. If the sponsor is a permanent resident and foreign spouse has overstayed their visa, please book a free consultation with our immigration attorney to discuss your options.

Government fees for filing applications are not included in SelfLawyer fees. Applicants must pay applicable government fees directly to USCIS (credit card, personal check or money order).

You will e-sign the pdf forms. Our attorney will submit photocopies of your signed immigration forms. USCIS allows applicants to submit photocopies of signed immigration forms. Your immigration application will be successfully registered by USCIS. 

Some forms are filed electronically (for example, citizenship applications and petitions for family members, Form I-130). Some forms are submitted via hard-copy through the mail to USCIS offices (for example, Form I-485, I-751). 

No. You will not be charged for anything else. Fees provided on our website are one-time, flat fees. Your SelfLawyer fees also include: 
⦁ Postal expenses (USPS Priority 2-day delivery with a tracking number is included). 
⦁ Requests for Evidence (RFE) 
⦁ and any additional work with USCIS is included in SelfLawyer fees. 

Of course! You will review your application before our attorney submits it to USCIS to make sure that the information is complete and accurate. 

Yes. You will receive a complete digital copy of the submitted application for your records.  

Electronically filed forms are registered the same day. Hard copy applications submitted by mail will be registered in 4-7 weeks.  

? It’s difficult to project a specific timeframe for immigration applications. It can take anywhere from 1 to 2 years to complete a family-based green card application. Check our USCIS Processing Times for more information.

USCIS allows you to submit sealed medical exam forms together with a green card application or at your immigration interview at a USCIS office in the U.S. If you decide to submit your medical exam form before your interview you will need to send your sealed medical exam form by mail to our New York office. For applicants applying from abroad, the medical exam forms must be submitted at the interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country. 

No, your fees do not include legal representation at your immigration interview in the USCIS office or U.S. Embassy/Consulate. If you need legal representation at your interview, please contact us and we can discuss ways if this can be arranged.

It’s easy! We only need photocopies of your documents. USCIS allows applicants to submit photocopies of documents and signed immigration forms. Our immigration attorney will file photocopies of your documents and signed forms to the appropriate USCIS office from our New York location.

Order Marriage Green Card package now

[wppayform id="8402"]