Get started with
Adjustment of Status package

If foreign relative lives in the U.S.

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Application for permanent residency in the U.S.

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

This form is required for all family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Application for a work permit and Social Security Number

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Receive a travel document Receive a travel document (“Advance Parole”) that allows you to travel abroad while your Adjustment of Status application is being processed.

Government fees to be paid:

$1,760 total (can be paid by credit card)

*Cost of the medical exam is not included (cost varies, about $200 per applicant).

Frequently Asked Questions

Marriage green card

We need copies of the following documents:
Birth certificate, plus English translation
Immigrant petition approval notice (for example, Form I-130 approval notice, or Form I-140 approval notice)
Passport-style photographs
Proof of maintaining a lawful status in the U.S.
Police and court records (if any)

We will submit your application in 1-3 business days after you provide us with the complete set of your documents and personal information.

Our licensed immigration attorney will prepare and file your application and officially represent you & your spouse before USCIS.

Yes. Approximately 4-7 weeks after we submit your application to USCIS, you will be issued an acknowledgement notice that authorizes your stay in the U.S. while your Adjustment of Status application is being processed. Once your application is registered by USCIS, you will receive an email or text message with receipt numbers. You can track the status of your application online after a receipt number is issued:

If you are a spouse, child under 21 or parent of a U.S. citizen and you entered the U.S. on a visa but overstayed, you can still apply for Adjustment of Status. If your sponsor is not a U.S. citizen and you are not an “immediate relative” (spouse, child under 21, parent, please book a free consultation with our immigration attorney to discuss your options (link to “Book a consultation” page).

It can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to receive an Employment Authorization Document depending on your category. If you have a medical emergency or have a job offer from a U.S. employer, our immigration attorney can expedite the processing of your Employment Authorization Document.

If you were never issued a Social Security Number, we can apply for SSN on your Employment Authorization Application, Form I-765. Social Security Card will arrive in main after your Employment Authorization Document application will be approved.

You can travel outside the U.S. while your Adjustment of Status application is being processed ONLY IF you have a valid travel document (“Advance Parole”). We file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document with the rest of your Adjustment of Status application. It can take anywhere 6 to 12 months (in some cases - even longer) to receive a travel document. Form I-131 (Travel Document) processing depends on your category.

Government fees for filing applications are not included in SelfLawyer fees. Applicants must pay applicable government fees directly to USCIS (credit card, personal check or money order).

You will e-sign the pdf forms. Our attorney will submit photocopies of your signed immigration forms. USCIS allows applicants to submit photocopies of signed immigration forms. Your immigration application will be successfully registered by USCIS.

Some forms are filed electronically (for example, citizenship applications and petitions for family members, Form I-130). Some forms are submitted via hard-copy through the mail to USCIS offices (for example, Form I-485, I-751).

No. You will not be charged for anything else. Fees provided on our website are one-time, flat fees. Your SelfLawyer fees also include: 
⦁ Postal expenses (USPS Priority 2-day delivery with a tracking number is included). 
⦁ Requests for Evidence (RFE) 
⦁ and any additional work with USCIS is included in SelfLawyer fees. 

Of course! You will review your application before our attorney submits it to USCIS to make sure that the information is complete and accurate.

Yes. You will receive a complete digital copy of the submitted application for your records.

Electronically filed forms are registered the same day. Hard copy applications submitted by mail will be registered in 4-7 weeks.

It’s difficult to project a specific timeframe for immigration applications. It can take anywhere from 1 to 2 years to complete a family-based green card application. Check our ⦁ USCIS Processing Times for more information. http://⦁ USCIS Processing Times

USCIS allows you to submit sealed medical exam forms together with a green card application or at your immigration interview at a USCIS office in the U.S. If you decide to submit your medical exam form before your interview you will need to send your sealed medical exam form by mail to our New York office. For applicants applying from abroad, the medical exam forms must be submitted at the interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

No, your fees do not include legal representation at your immigration interview in the USCIS office or U.S. Embassy/Consulate. If you need legal representation at your interview, please contact us and we can discuss ways if this can be arranged.

It’s easy! We only need photocopies of your documents. USCIS allows applicants to submit photocopies of documents and signed immigration forms. Our immigration attorney will file photocopies of your documents and signed forms to the appropriate USCIS office from our New York location.

Order Family Green Card package now

[wppayform id="8373"]